Tax returns for self-employed individuals

We help self-employed individuals all over Ireland to complete their income tax return and to minimise their tax bill.

Our Certified Accountants provide a professional, efficient and affordable income tax return service starting at €299 (incl. VAT)​.

What expenses can I write off?

There are many “Allowable Deductions” which can be offset against your income. Our Accountants uncover and advise what you can claim for and file your tax return for a low fee starting at just €299 (incl. VAT)​.

These are some of the most common expenses that self-employed people may encounter. This isn’t an exhaustive list – our Accountants will help pinpoint exactly what your expenses are, specific to your own business.

  • Accountancy Fees

    Fees you encounter for engaging the service of a professional accountant or tax advisor are deductible expenses. For example, if you engage Tax Return Plus to file your tax return, this is an allowable expense.

  • Work & Office Space

    Renting out space to work from or run your business is an allowable expense. Included in this are utility bills such as heating, lighting, telephone and internet expenses. If you work from home, these expenses are still allowable to the extent of the business use only.

  • Insurance Costs

    If you have paid insurance premiums against fire and public liability, these are costs that are eligible for tax relief. If you have a business premises and contents, this insurance premium is also deductible.

  • Materials/Office Supplies/Tools

    If you’ve had to purchase any materials related to the work you are completing, this is tax deductible. This even covers specialised work clothes e.g. protective clothing.

  • Motor Expenses

    If you need to use your car or van for business purposes, tax relief can be claimed on the running expenses. Motor expenses travelling to and from your home to the office are not deductible – only expenses that relate to travelling between different jobs. This can include costs such as motor tax, insurance, servicing and repairs.

  • Prior Year Losses

    Losses incurred in previous years can be used to offset the current year profits.  However, the losses incurred must be declared to the Revenue Commissioners and ‘ring-fenced’.

Easy to talk to, helpful, and they explained everything up front. I trusted them right away and they made the whole process so simple
- Daniel Flynn, Cleaning Business Owner, Cork
tax return for self employed