Tax returns made simple for landlords

We help landlords all over Ireland to complete their rental income tax retun and to minimise their tax bill.

Our accountants provide a professional, efficient and affordable rental income tax service starting at €150 (+VAT).

Get a Quote

Take the stress out of rental tax return with our simple, fast, accurate service from just €150 (+VAT). To get started submit the form, and our income tax return specialists will be in touch with your quote.
{{ errors.first('first_name') }}
{{ errors.first('last_name') }}
{{ errors.first('email') }}
{{ errors.first('phone_number') }}
My Income Source (tick any that apply)
{{ errors.first('income') }}

Additional Information

Please add any other relevant details that will help us to process your quote.

Rental Income

Where are you resident?
How many rental properties do you own? (tick one)
How many tax years need to be filed?
Additional Information.

Other Income

Please add all relevant details of your income sources here.

Trading Income

What is your approximate annual turnover?

RCT Subcontractor Income

Any additional self-employed income to be declared (not through RCT system)?
What is your approximate annual turnover?
Next Step

Final Details

How many tax years need to be filed?
Are you registered for VAT?
Do you have any employees?

What expenses can I write off?

There are many “Allowable Deductions” which can be offset against your rental income. Our accountants uncover and advise what you can claim for and file your tax return for a low fee starting at just €150 (+VAT). In general, you can claim deductions for these common rental property expenses:

  • Repairs & Maintenance

    Expenses incurred such as cleaning, painting and decorating are allowable. Repairs include rot treatment, mending windows, doors or machines.

  • Capital Allowances

    Summarised as writing off the cost of wear and tear of furniture and equipment, provided by the landlord, over a period of 8 years.

  • Insurance

    Insurance premiums against fire and public liability are allowable expenses.

  • Mortgage Protection Premiums

    The policy must relate to the specifically to the rented property.

  • Accountancy Fees

    Accountancy fees are tax deductible e.g. the fees for engaging Tax Return Plus are allowable expenses.

  • Property Management Services

    Engaging the services of a letting agent or a property management company are allowable expenses.

  • Mortgage Interest Relief

    A landlord can claim 80% of the Mortgage Interest paid on a rental property.  To do so, the landlord must be registered with the Residential Tenancies Board (RTB).

  • Residential Tenancies Board (RTB)

    This cost to register with the TRB is tax deductible. More importantly it permits the landlord to claim the Mortgage Interest Relief allowance.

  • Home Renovation Incentive Scheme

    Landlords can benefit from this scheme through their tax credits.  It relates to large scale construction work carried out after October 2014 on the rental property.

  • Prior Year Losses

    Losses incurred in previous years can be used to offset current year profits.  However, the losses incurred must be declared to revenue and ‘ring-fenced’.

I used to dread the thought of completing my Self-Assessment. Tax Return Plus were able to simplify the whole process and made sure I avoided penalties and charges
- Dara O'Donnell, Landlord, Dublin
tax return for self employed